Monday, October 02, 2006

Burn The Ravan today but...

Dusshera's back. After a year. Last day of Navaratri(more profusely an extension of it.) The ceremony of celebrating the victory of Maryadapurushottam Ram over the Non Maryada Man Ravan.
Today is the day to abuse the rascal. The villian. The Inhuman. The devil.The..... whoever. The day to burn him to ashes and rejoice...
But rejoice for what????
When I was a kid...my Aaji(Granny for non-maharashtrians) told me that Dusshera was a celebration for the defeat of the Evil over the Good.
Well...Defeat???
Wher's it???
I don't see it anywhere.
Is the Evil defeated????
Well..why didn't anybody inform me about it???
Or maybe I am a bit ignorant about my surroundings.
Or is it that I've damaged eyesight.
I can see riots. I can see bomb blasts. I can see discriminations made among humans, every day more intrinsicly. I can see corruptions. I can see female feoticides. I can see hatred all over. I can see families breaking. I can see all the signs of evil everywhere.
Maybe I am pschiezofrenic or pneumonic or whatever they call the disease Russel Crowe and Amitabh Bachchan suffered from in A Beautiful Mind and Aankhein.
I can see things which do not exist.
I can see even more things.
I can see everybody around involved in those evils.
My dad, my mom, my sis, my granny, my friends, my teachers, my relatives, my leaders, my idols.everybody...even me to a great extent. I can see everybody being a part of it.
And in my Pshceizophrenia or whatever...i can see people celebrating the defeat of evil of which they are a part of...
They laugh, sing, scream, shout and do whatever they can to prove that they've won....
And in this disease of mine...I would like to say....
The only sin Ravan did was he fell for Sita and abducted her....never touched her even.(I've read Ramayan.Mind it)
Rest he was a genuine Rakshas King who was rightful,just, learned, brave and a great ruler. Lover of his people.
And I am sure....If these people were in his place they would have not only abducted Sita but raped her on the way,would've never taken her home and then killed her to protect their public images....don't believe me read Newspaper everyday....or may be even that's a result of my mental illness.
So my co existents.....Burn the Ravan only if you are a Maryadapurushottam.For only he has right to kill a man that great. Got It???!!
Oops!!...I am sorry. I am toh mentally ill. How can I preach superlatives like you????
All you are such high esteemed individuals.
Sorry guys..forget all I said. And forgive me.
Go out and celebrate...it's festival time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home